I used Cavitch's "Soap Essential's Bar II" recipe: olive oil, coconut oil, and palm oil. I added vanilla EO to it... but suprisingly, I couldn't really smell the vanilla. It was the olive oil that took over. After some reading, I learned that maybe I should use the extra light olive oil. I will try that for my next batch.
Here is a picture documentary of me soap journey! The final soaps did come out looking like unfrosted cake... hope that's ok.... Would love to here your thoughts!
|Measuring the Sodium Hydroxide|
|Adding the Sodium Hydroxide to the water to make the LYE|
|Adding the Lye to the melted oil|
|Stirring it until it traces|
|Quickly adding it to my mold|
|Insulating it for 24 hours|
|Cutting it in bars and letting it cure for 4 weeks!|