Monday, November 21, 2011

Knifty Knitter Fingerless gloves for kids!



My daughter has been bugging me the past few months about making her some fingerless gloves.  Unfortunately, making the gloves on the blue Knifty Knitter loom makes the gloves go up to her shoulder... Stylish, but not what I'm going for!  So, I thought, we not use the Knifty Knitter flower loom.  They came out really cute! Hope you find this useful:


Materials:  Flower Loom (I hot glued my pegs in place!), yarn (I used 2 stands throughout to make them thick!)
  • Cast on (you will be making a flat panel using all the pegs on the loom)
  • Knit until the piece is long enough to go around your little ones wrist (I knitted 20 rows)
  • When you have knitted the amount you need, reach into the loom and bring up the cast on row
  • Just as you would for making a turned brim, put the bars from the cast on row back on the pegs SKIPPING PEG 5!
  • Knit the pegs that have two loops on them
  • Starting from the last peg, remove the whole piece using the crochet method


No comments:

Post a Comment